Where should I even begin? Obviously I’ve been slacking in writing. I’ve been slacking in giving myself enough me time. But it’s a new year, and I plan on changing some things. Starting a new year makes me reflect on my past year and think about my continuing future goals.
I’m going to start with where I left off. I finished my third semester of school, began an internship at Piñon Hills Community Church with the marketing director working on graphics, improved immensely on all my graphic design skills and website creation, and of course stayed on top of workouts, having a boyfriend, and doing various projects (mostly cooking related).
I like to tell my story through pictures, so here’s yet another gallery.
Flew to my cousin Mary’s (on the left) wedding in Wisconsin in October.
Shells I found by Lake Michigan.
I went pumpkin picking with my boyfriend at Sutherland Farms.
Can you tell whose is whose? Mike’s is on the left, mine on the right. His is carved from an orange pumpkin and mine from a white pumpkin, hence the difference in color.
I carved this from a white pumpkin. The light is from a candle.
Took a trip to Salt Lake City for Halloween.
I was begrudgingly dressed up for Halloween as Mary Poppins.
I went ice skating for my 21st birthday.
One of my few pieces of fancy jewelry. Got this from my boyfriend for my 21st birthday.
21st birthday tea time at my house.
My first legal drink of 21. It was tasty, but I don’t handle alcohol well. It gave me a pounding headache. Don’t have the desire to drink much.
Took a walk through the luminarias. A perk on living in this area.
I wrapped all these presents for a good friend of mine. It was actually pretty fun.
Marzipan I spent all afternoon modeling.
Beginning of gingerbread house.
Designed this gingerbread house with my boyfriend. Almost deserves its own post. We designed it off a picture. After figuring out the pieces we needed, I made the template pieces on the computer, made the gingerbread, rolled out and cut out the pieces, and baked them. We assembled the house using hot sugar syrup.
Gingerbread house in progress.
My marshmallow snowmen.
My boyfriend’s snowman.
Finished gingerbread house.
Final gingerbread house.
Gingerbread house with the overhead light out.
My mom and I had some Christmas pictures taken.
Our Christmas tree.
We’ve already had so much snow this year.
As you can see I had quite a full semester. Will do a separate post about my graphics work and school, as well as what I plan on doing this year. I have made it a goal to blog once a week this year (or a minimum of twice per month). I really enjoy sharing parts of my life with you and writing. I hope that you are inspired to do more and to enjoy life. I need to take my own advice and slow down enough to stop and write every once in a while. 🙂
It’s been too long since I’ve written. It’s amazing how quickly things can get away from me. Last year had quite a few highlights.
- It was the year of many odd jobs, which had its advantages and disadvantages. I’ve had more than five jobs this year.
- Traveled to China for the first time and had quite the adventure. I still have a stash of photos that I may get to posting.
- First boyfriend. Still not very outspoken about this.
- Bought my first car.
- Completed a semester of 17 credit hours at San Juan College and got all As.
- Started working out five to six days a week with a friend. Ran a half marathon (13 miles), but not as a part of a race.
- Started/joined a book group and game night.
- Enjoyed as much of everyday as I could.
I’m sure 2015 will bring its own set of adventures. I don’t really have any resolutions for 2015, just a few goals.
- Now that we’ve run a half marathon we’re tackling the 100 push up challenge (be able to do 100 consecutive push ups). I also want to be able to do pull ups.
- Read more. Write more.
- Narrow down all my odd jobs to one part-time job. I am now on the search for a new job (how I hate to wait for phone calls).
- Save for future traveling.
- Survive two more semesters of college.
And as the year goes on I’ll have a more goals I’m sure. I wish you all the best for the new year. Enjoy it!